I always tell people, healthy doesn’t have to mean flavorless or boring. This is my coconut turmeric ginger chicken glow bowl with tatsoi greens from the garden, zucchini spheres, shiitake mushrooms, and ramen noodles.It’s so yummy and perfect for a cozy January day. I’ve been coming down off a bit of a high from the … Continued
These delicious and healthy snacks are great for when you are on the go! Oats, seeds, shredded coconut, and peanut butter make them a tasty delight. I use a tiny bit of lavender extract and my Healthy On You Lavender Fields Forever sea salt to make these an extra special treat.
As one of the most vital organs in your body, your brain is a powerhouse that deserves love and attention. The brain needs fuel to maintain peak performance and support its functions. This is why brain foods are so crucial to our health. We’ve compiled a list of foods that can help exercise and supplement … Continued
The 411 A new study published in JAMA discovered that people who cut back on highly processed foods, refined grains, and added sugar, then replaced them with nutrient-rich foods like salmon, olive oil, brown rice, and barley, lost weight faster than people who simply count calories. If you’ve taken my classes, you already know this. It’s one of … Continued
“I am going to start eating healthier, cooking more, and will eliminate junk food for good!” If this sounds a lot like your latest mantra, you’re in the right place. With goals like these, it’s easy to begin bringing healthy foods into the home. However, people often overlook the fact that in order to eat … Continued
As I write this, I am bleary-eyed. I definitely didn’t get enough sleep last night, and here I am writing about getting enough sleep! With that said, today’s demands on working families in this day and age of technology, only 60% of us are getting more than 8 hours of sleep. The other 40% who get less … Continued
…simply because it replaces meat. US dietary recommendations require us to eat fish at least two times per week. That’s two days out of the week that we are not eating meat or meat products for dinner. Fish is nutrient-rich and contains beneficial omega 3 and fatty acids. But there’s a slew of other healthy … Continued
Many thanks to everyone who came out to the Healthy On You and Salkexcellerators event. We had a great turn out of both Healthy On You and the Salk community to learn about the latest research on oncology and healthy lifestyle trends. Salk research scientists Amy Rommel and Shiela Rao joined me on a panel … Continued