These delicious and healthy snacks are great for when you are on the go! Oats, seeds, shredded coconut, and peanut butter make them a tasty delight. I use a tiny bit of lavender extract and my Healthy On You Lavender Fields Forever sea salt to make these an extra special treat.
Makes 4 servings
dry oatmeal (old fashioned oats work well) I uses Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats Healthy On You® Lavender Fields Forever Sea Salt
dry oatmeal (old fashioned oats work well) I uses Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Oats
Healthy On You® Lavender Fields Forever Sea Salt
- Line a medium sized baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Add the peanut butter and honey to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds or until mixture is soft. Add the lavender extract and stir well.
In a large bowl add the remaining dry ingredients and stir in the peanut butter, honey and lavender mixture.
- Stir well until the mixture is dough-like. If it's still a little sticky, place the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before proceeding to step 5
- Using a spoon, scoop out 1 to 1½ size portions and using the palm of your hands, roll into a small ball and place onto the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Refrigerate the tray of energy balls for 30 minutes then store in a large airtight container.