This is a satisfying soup, that uses a healthy purée of white beans to create a creamy broth base. It is delicious and it’s both dairy and guilt-free! We cut and roast beautiful squash bowls and laden in this delicious healthy soup. Sounds good? Then sign up and join the fun!
When you sign up for an online class you will be sent an email with the zoom link, menu, and tips on prepping the ingredients the Friday before class. In the interim, review the menu items and gather ingredients on your next shopping trip.
Savory Mushroom Soup in Acorn Squash Bowls
Quarantini: Harvest Appletini
- 2 or more medium-sized acorn or carnival squash (pick ones with a nice round shape with a flat bottom)
- 16 oz. mushrooms (portobello, crimini, halved or quartered)
- 2 large sweet onions, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, slightly crushed
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 4 cups chicken broth/vegetable broth
- 2- 15 oz. cans cannellini white beans
- pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and chopped parsley for garnish
- 2 apples, thinly sliced
- lemon juice
- ¼ cup apple brandy or apple whiskey (both work well)
- 1 cup apple cider
- sugar (for rimming glass)
***Cooking class playlist is a must while cooking: https://open.spotify.com/user/kca86bsr8dcftd160hmbwa4tt/playlist/3WYUNPoRCXmqFfpswLpxMC?si=w45WucmmQmmQrhSuIaftNA
*Note: Purchase the spice blends needed for class at healthyonyou.com (Most spice orders are delivered in 1-2 business days.)
Or pick up your spice blends when you go to any 5 Jimbos Naturally locations, Cardiff Seaside Market, Ocean Beach People’s Coop, The Butchery in One Paseo in Del Mar.
In Los Angeles, you can purchase at the Coopportunity (in Santa Monica and Culver City) and at Erewhon Market locations.