This is the perfect meal for a small crowd and perfect for vegetarians. Delicious roasted cauliflower and tomatoes sauce makes for a great combination of healthy goodness. The best part is, it could be made ahead to give the flavors some time to meld together before enjoying.
This recipe is made special using two of my Healthy On You® spice blends: Moroccan ‘Round The Clock and Let The Good Thymes Roll. Both spice blends add an incredible flavor blast to both the cauliflower and the stewed tomatoes.
Makes 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Cut away the bottom of the cauliflower stem and trim off leaves. Cut cauliflower into ⅓ inch thick slices.
- combine all of it with 2 tbsp. of the olive oil, the Moroccan 'Round The Clock spice blend, sea salt, and pepper. Place on baking sheet in an even layer.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring and flipping over the big slices after 8 minutes until the slices are tender when pierced with a paring knife and the small florets are nicely browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- cut large slices into smaller pieces. You should have about 2 cups of cauliflower. Transfer to a large bowl. Turn oven down to 375°.
- Oil a 1 ½ to 2-quart baking dish or gratin pan.
- Heat remaining oil over medium heat in a medium-size skillet or a wide saucepan and add onion. Cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add a generous pinch of salt and the garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, 30 seconds to a minute.
- Add tomatoes, cinnamon, Let The Good Thymes Roll spice blend and bring to a simmer. Cook, stirring often, over medium-low heat, for 10 to 15 minutes, until the tomatoes have cooked down and the sauce is fragrant. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Add to bowl with the cauliflower and stir everything together. Scrape into the prepared baking dish.
- Set aside 2 tbsp. of the goat cheese. Beat eggs, then add the remaining cheese and beat together until smooth.
- Pour over cauliflower mixture, making sure to scrape out every last bit with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the top with the 2 tbsp goat cheese crumbled, parsley/chives.
- Bake 30 minutes, until top is beginning to brown in spots. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.