Brussels sprouts are one of my favorite fall vegetables. There’s a large organic farm near my home and they always have baby Brussels on hand this time of year. The smaller size allows them to cook and brown faster in the oven. They are also easier to trim and clean before baking.
In this recipe, the dressing is what adds a delicious twist. I use pomegranate vinegar which imparts not only the tartness we love from this fruit but is loaded with nutritional benefits. Pomegranate is a staple in Mediterranean diets and so I paired the Brussels sprouts with my Healthy On You® Moroccan “Round the Clock” spice Blend.
This recipe can be modified by adding lots of other goodies at the end like chopped, roasted walnuts or uncured crunchy pancetta. Experiment and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
baby Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and split in half tbsp Healthy On You® Moroccan 'Round the Clock spice Blend
baby Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed and split in half
tbsp Healthy On You® Moroccan 'Round the Clock spice Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F
- Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the Brussels sprouts, olive oil and, Moroccan 'Round the Clock spice blend and sea salt. Mix well so every Brussels sprout is coated with the olive oil and spices.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Shake the pan and toss the Brussels sprouts halfway through so they cook evenly. They will be browned and tender when done.
- While the Brussels sprouts cook, make the dressing by adding the pomegranate vinegar and the maple syrup to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- lower the heat and allow the dressing to reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- When the Brussels sprouts are cooked, remove from the oven, return to the large bowl and pour the dressing over them and toss.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and serve. This recipe is just as delicious served at room temperature!