This is how I use my late season produce, all picked fresh from the garden at peak freshness-Italian plums, Asian Pears, Bosc pears and cherry tomatoes. With the pears, I made the Carrot and Asian Pear Soup, but the plums are special and I wanted to eat them fresh in a salad.
Here is my spin on tomatoes and stone fruits. You can use goat, feta or mozzarella cheese as I have used here. The salad dressing is olive oil combined with my Healthy On You® “While My Za’atar Gently Weeps” Za’atar spice blend. My organic spices can all be used like this, but the Za’atar gives this recipe an interesting spin. Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings
For the dressing
- combine the While My Za'atar Gently Weeps spice blend and olive oil and set aside.
To Make the Salad
- Wash and slice the tomatoes in half.
- Wash and slice the Italian plums in half.
- Add the tomatoes, plums, lemon juice, and sliced shallots to a serving plate or bowl and season with sea salt.
- Add the cheese and drizzle with the olive oil and Za'atar spice mixture. and serve immediately.